To subscribe to the list send email to email@example.com and in the BODY put
SUBSCRIBE scr firstname lastname
send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the BODY put
To post new message to this group. Send email to email@example.com. This list is unmoderated. However, only members can post and view. To keep the email traffic low, please consider using the following guidelines when posting to this mailing list.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that benefits everyone.
- Send messages such as “thanks for the information” or “me, too” to individuals–not to the entire list. Do this by using your e-mail application’s forwarding option and typing in or cutting and pasting in the e-mail address of the individual to whom you want to respond.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list”, through the listserv. To unsubscribe from the list, follow the directions at the bottom of the listserv email message.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says “Long Message.”
- When using an Auto Reply message for times you are out of the office, please be sure to “Create a Rule” (this is easily done with Microsoft Outlook’s Out of Office Assistant) that would prohibit sending the message to the list.